Classy with a Kick is a fun pastime of mine combining my love for fashion/style and writing.
As an avid fashion & celeb gossip magazine reader, I figured I would give you some info about me in the style of US weekly's "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" format.
1. I live in San Diego now, but was born in Montreal Canada. I am an American Citizen but Canada will always consider me a resident. Thanks Canada!
2. My husband's name is Jack and approximately 98% of people mention the nursery rhyme coincidence when they first meet us - "did you know there is nursery...YES! We know!"
This is Jack...isn't he handsome? Hands off ladies, he's mine!
|Me and my baby!|
4. My happy place is stand-up paddle boarding in the saltwater lagoon at the Hilton in Kona, HI. Well, actually any place in Hawaii is my happy place.
5. I am a sorority girl (Tridelt) and was in the same sorority at two different colleges - University of Washington and Boulder!
6. I am 5'2" but most people think I am 5'5" or above because I am always wearing platforms.
7. I used to want to be an actress and once played a T-Bird in a stage production of Grease (for those of you that don't know Grease, a T-Bird is a MALE character).
8. I cannot whistle and no, you can't teach me - it just won't work!
9. I have two of the most adorable nieces in the entire world!
I can't deal with the cuteness!
11. When I read a magazine, I start on the last page and read it in reverse.
12. I have a mild case of Emetephobia.
13. My real hair is brown and super curly...even my hair stylist forgets how curly it really is!
14. I am completely obsessed with my doggies. Kirin is a white Shiba Inu who loves to get back scratches in the morning and eat lettuce. I have a new nickname for him every day and he responds to all of them. Kona is a Shiba / Shin Tzu mix (Shiba Tzu) who has a beard and bushy eyebrows and loves chewing on pretty much everything. She always has a very serious look on her face but she is the cutest little puppy!
Here we are doing our best Glamour Shot poses.
15. Both of my pinkies are double jointed so it is really hard for me to type p's and q's correctly.
16. I only listen music in shuffle mode. I hate knowing what song is next.
17. I am addicted to eyeliner, sparking water, electric blankets, gum and chocolate in no specific order.
18. I started making necklaces for fun and then editors from Glamour Magazine found them and featured them on Open Sky and put them in an online article! You can buy my necklaces and other pieces of jewelry in my Etsy shop.
19. I am NOT a morning person. I have to sit up in bed every morning for 15 minutes before I get up. If I don't I will most likely get dizzy and feel like I am going to faint. I haven't ever fainted, but it could happen one day!
20. I love acoustic guitar music and bonfires - especially together; with s'mores.
21. I love going to the dentist even though I had to get my first NINE teeth pulled. I lost my first tooth on my own on my 10th birthday.
22. Noodles with jam or chocolate sauce is one of my favorite foods
23. If I could, I would only write with fine point sharpies for the rest of my life
24. I once made a special drink for my sister - jello swished around in my mouth and spit back into a cup to make a kool-aid type of drink. Once she was mid-sip, I told her what it was. She has still not forgiven me.
25. I love my life. I am so thankful for the most amazing family, friends and experiences. I could not ask for more!
|My fam at our wedding in 2009.|