One of the best days each month is when my Pop Sugar Must Have box arrives. Even though I can't stand surprises and always try to find out what's in each box every month, I still get excited to get them!
This month's review is a bit late but I like to use the things in the box before reviewing them. So better late than never.
This month's box was pretty good. I felt like there were things I really didn't need (nail polish, mascara), things I ending up loving but didn't know I needed (sweater saver & sweater wash), and then things I absolutely love (Heather Belle Necklace).
1. Peeps - No explanation necessary. You either love them or hate them. I love them. Peeps addiction runs in my family (yes, you, MOM!) and I have it. I have a hard time buying these because they are complete junk but if you give them to me...that's another story. They may or may not have been consumed already and they may or may not have been eaten this way...(which may or may not be an SPD project this week). :)
2. The New Black Nail Polish Duo - I got a Navy and Beige combo. I don't mind this color combo since it's different but since I get 2-3 Julep colors once a month, I am not sure I need any more colors.
3. Hollywood Fashion Secrets Sweater Saver - This was one of those things that I would have never bought but since I have it, I love it. I have tons of cashmere sweaters with the dreaded pilling going on. I just so happened to be wearing one the day I got this box and tried this immediately. It really worked. The texture is kind of creepy because I hate sandpapery feeling things but it really did help get the little pills off. Love it!
4. The Laundress Wool and Cashmere Shampoo - This one is funny because I NEVER wash wool or cashmere at home. I always dry clean it. I just don't have the time or patience for it. However, I always use a light (Woolite, usually) detergent on my Lace Necklaces after dying them. The lace needs something gentle and I have to triple wash them sometimes to get all the dye out. So of course, this was perfect. I have used it a few times on new lace necklace batches and love how they turned out. I got the Cedar scent which is actually very refreshing. I will definitely buy this again when it runs out!
5. Corkatoo Waiters's Corkscrew - In no way did I need this or did I really want this. But I am sure it will come in handy one day when we can't find any of our other corkscrews. Funny extra - I forgot what this was called and I called it a Cock-screw. I am SURE that name came in the product naming section but it was a little too dirty for the public. Of course, that is what we call it in our household now.
6. Heather Belle Tassel Necklace - By far my favorite item in this box. Ever since I saw Rachel Zoe wearing the cutest tassel necklace at Lucky Fabb, I have wanted one.
Don't you just love her??
Don't you just love her??
Now this one is different but I love it anyway. And it's worth $85 so that just makes me happy! I already wore it over the weekend. It got me to look at more of Heather Belle's jewelry online and I love her stuff. I will definitely buy some more items at some point.
7. Buxom Mascara - I have mascara/lash issues. I can't really truly try this one because of my new lash extensions but I tried it on my bottom lashes and was very unimpressed. Not for me. I am sticking with my faves - YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils and Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes.
8. Bonus: Hollywood Fashion Secrets Assortment Pack - I love the fashion tape for closing the gap on button down shirts (seriously, I have such a small chest and this STILL happens - why won't designers address this issue??). I also use it quite a bit for fixing hems that either fall out or need to be shortened when I have to resort to flats because my feet are ripped apart from my oh-so-cute shoes. So I like this. It's a sample pack so it's best for traveling which I will be doing a lot of in the upcoming months!
That's about it. After adding everything up, this box was worth over $150 so overall a good deal. I probably would have paid $35 for the necklace so I consider this one worth the money!
If you want to sign up for your own Pop Sugar Must Have Box...use this link! I do not get compensated for these reviews but if you sign up using my link, I get referral credits. :)
Have you tried the Pop Sugar Must Have Box? What boxes do you get?