I think this stems from my desire to be original and a trendsetter. Being a trendsetter doesn't always mean you thought of the idea yourself and have rights to the original concept; it means you can be influenced by something and then share it with others. You bring it into YOUR circle even if it already exists in other circles.
Recently, I came across this pin on Pinterest and fell in love with the necklace (actually the whole outfit is pretty fab...).
I then did a search for lace necklaces on Google, found this blog post on In Honor of Design and got inspired by how easy it is to create yourself.
I immediately went out and got my supplies and got to work.
Here is what I used to make them:
1. Fabric Paints - make sure these are permanent!
2. Paint brushes - I used a medium and a small to get into the little spaces!
3. 5mm chain, jump rings and clasps - super easy to find. I got mine at Michaels
4. Needle nose pliers
5. Lace appliques - I got these from local fabric store, but ordered some new ones from this Etsy store.
Within a matter of minutes (well, hours if you count drying time & painting on both sides), I had these fab lace necklaces!
Here I am wearing one! (Like the self portrait in the car?? I swear the car parked next to me was laughing!)
I am now so addicted that I want one in every color! I even have more lace in the mail and a slew of fabric paint colors ready to go (think Coral, Mint, Neon Green, Orange, etc)!
Because I am going to be necklace making machine, I had a thought to do a GIVEAWAY for one lucky reader! My first one!!!
Introducing the first...
If any of you would like to win a lace bib necklace - created by me of course - enter to win by doing the following:
1. Pin one of the images from this post on Pinterest (you can even repin from here)
2. Follow Classy with a Kick on Twitter, Like Classy with a Kick on Facebook
4. Subscribe to Classy with a Kick via feedburner or bloglovin
In addition those, you must post a comment below to tell me:
1. That you did the things above
2. What color necklace you would like to win (I ordered almost every color so you have your pick)
3. What you plan to wear it with. (I have to know how you will accessorize!)
I'll pick a random winner early next week so you have all week/weekend to enter!
UPDATE 6/5 - CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. If you are interested in buying one of these necklaces, please visit my Etsy store -http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClassywithaKick